Sunday, January 15

Guest Room Decor

I put a little extra time and effort into my Guest Room last weekend, and here are the fruits of my labor...


First we'll do what I call a "walk around" (envision seeing these photos in a half-circle. Starting w/the corner and moving around to your right...




Next, the details...

This nightstand was a hand-me-down from my mother-in-law. I love it. Possibly one of my favorite pieces of furniture in the whole house. Plus, momma-in-law still gets to use it when she visits!

Headboard was our first "big kid" furniture purchase off Craig's List.
Grey embroidered bolster from Target.
Duvet from Macy*s.
"Always kiss me..." pillow is from WUSLU (have you been there yet!?)

This is a drawing of the Waikiki Bozarth Mansion here in Spokane. It is a beautiful place to get married - very Inland Northwest-esque. My aunt and uncle got married here many years ago, along with my parents' best friends' son. Special place.

This retro sign hung above my dad's garage door for my entire life. When he passed away in 2009, I knew it was the first thing I wanted to hang in my home to remember him.

Davenport Hotel Pencil Drawing #1
Davenport Hotel Pencil Drawing #2

Come visit the great Inland Northwest (and us) soon! We love having visitors :o)

3 comments:

  1. it looks good! a definite improvement since the days of husky memorabilia and an air mattress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha. You're probably recalling our downstairs room? This one is upstairs. Don't worry, though - the Husky memorabilia has been moved to the MAN CAVE.

    ReplyDelete